PREDICTABLE FEE SCHEDULE
EFFECTIVE AUGUST 1, 2018
Recording fees include a $19.92 recording fee, an $11.08 automation fee, a $3.00 document storage fee, a $24.00 charge for Geographic Information System (GIS) fund fee, and a $10.00 Rental Housing Support Program Act (RHSP) fee unless EXEMPT.
ALL DOCUMENTS MUST BE ORIGINALS OR CERTIFIED COPIES FOR RECORDING
STANDARD DOCUMENTS (55 ILCS 5/3-5018) $68.00
• All documents must be 8 1/2 x 11, have a 3x5 blank space in the upper right hand corner, have a 1/2" blank margin, in black ink on white paper, no attachments, and generated in at least 10 point type.
• Pages may not be permanently bound by tape, glued or have anything affixed to them. Pages may however, be stapled.
• Documents must have a prepared by, return to, and mail tax bill to and all documents need to have a self-addressed stamped envelope for returning the document.
• The document shall be on white paper not less than 20 pound weight and be legibly printed with black ink by hand or typed.
• Up to 5 pin numbers and/or up to 5 legal descriptions.
• Exemption stamp, PTAX, or MyDec form required for all DEEDS.
• Notary must be signed with notary seal.
EXEMPT STANDARD DOCUMENTS (55 ILCS 5/3-5018) $58.00
• Notices of Probate, Power of Attorneys, Birth, Marriage, and Death Certificates, Wills, Affidavits, Articles of Incorporation, Judgements, Release of Judgements and related documents, Re-recordings, and any document recorded for a state agency, local or federal government or school district.
• All Municipalities, County and Secretary of State documents are exempt from the RHSP surcharge.
NON-CONFORMING DOCUMENTS (55 ILCS 5/3-5018) $91.00
• Documents containing 6 or more pin numbers or 6 or more legal descriptions
• When referring to a document number without a legal description for Releases, Extensions, Modifications, and Assignments etc.
• Any document failing to meet the requirements listed under "STANDARD DOCUMENTS".
PLATS (765 ILCS 205/2) $97.00
• Must be at least 8 1/2" x 14"
• Restrictions and covenants must be filed separately from the plat.
• Minimum of 3 copies required, 1 will be returned.
• Letter from surveying company giving the Recorder's Office permission to record is required with ALL PLATS.
• All signatures are required before recording can take place.
• Must have whom the survey was prepared by shown on the document
• A legal description with metes and bounds must accompany the survey if not already attached.
UCC FIXTURE FILINGS, TERMINATIONS, CONTINUATIONS AND AMENDMENTS $54.00
• When filing on Real Estate, "to be filed in real estate records" MUST be stated and a legal description must be on the UCC
• A legal description must be on all filings
FOR STATE AND FEDERAL LIENS & RELEASES
******Please see the Recorder for fees******
• $1.00 per page for copies
• Faxes are $5.00 for the first page of fax and $1.00 for each additional page (excluding fax cover sheet)
• Emails are $10.00
• Certified copies are the same cost as the recording fee, less the $10.00 RHSP fee if it was applicable