1. Home
  2. Property Info
  3. Pay Online
  4. Departments
    1. Animal Control
    2. Assessments
    3. Circuit Clerk
    4. Coroner
    5. County Administration
    6. County Board
    7. County Clerk
    8. Court Services (Probation)
    9. Economic Development
    10. Elections
    11. Office of Emergency Management (OEM)
    12. Geographic Information System (GIS)
    13. Health Department
    14. Highway
    15. Hillcrest Nursing Home
    16. Information Services
    17. Public Defender
    18. Public Transportation (Abilities Plus)
    19. Recorder
    20. Regional Office of Education
    21. Rural Revolving Loan Fund (RRLF)
    22. Sheriff's Office
    23. State's Attorney
    24. Tourism
    25. Treasurer(Property Taxes)
    26. Veteran's Assistance
    27. Voter's Registration
    28. Zoning and Building
  5. Public Info
  6. Events
  7. FOIA
  8. Contact
  9. About Us
  10. Site Map

Severe Weather Guidance

What Do I do or report when Severe Weather or Flooding Occurs?

For county wide flooding or similar county wide disaster events the following guidance is provided.

  1. If No Disaster.  For situations where a disaster is NOT declared, normal county or municipality law enforcement, medical, utility and fire/ hazmat response procedures apply.  The Henry County EMA may monitor damage reported, river and road conditions but EMA assistance typically is advisory.

  2. When Damage From Severe Weather or Flooding Occurs.  Even if a disaster is not declared, affected municipalities, townships and drainage districts are responsible for collecting their jurisdictional residential/business (Individual Assistance- IA) and local government (Public Assistance - PA) and submitting the required damage assessments forms and any resource requests to Henry County EMA. (Backup Alternate damage reporting chain is through the County Assessor’s Office if the EMA Manager is not available). IA and PA Forms are located on the Henry County EMA website, the IEMA website or at the County Assessor’s Office.  Even if a disaster is not declared, it is important for business and residences to report damage to allow their jurisdiction to determine the seriousness and scope of the damage and to allow the IEMA Office to determine if Henry County meets standards for disaster assistance.
Some specific instructions are:
    1. Jurisdictions with damage to critical infrastructure should contact their appropriate local municipality / township officials to report using a Public Assistance Form.

    2. Residents and businesses with damage should contact their local municipality/township officials.  Officials will use the Individual Assistance Form to document damage.  Note: There are two Individual Assistance damage assessment forms along with directions, one for flood events and another for events other than floods, use the applicable form.

    3. Township road commissioners will report road damage using a Public Assistance Form to the County Engineer who will assess and report to Henry County EMA.   Assure to record all expenses including overtime related to the incident.

    4. Drainage Districts should report levee damage directly to Henry County EMA using a Public Assistance Form.  Note: Residents having damage from levee failures that are managed by a drainage district will report their damage through their township supervisor using an Individual Assistance Form
    5. Insurance.  Each municipality or residence should follow their own individual insurance carrier instructions / procedures regardless of whether a disaster is declared or not.
  1. Requests for Resources.  During a flooding or severe weather event, affected Henry County, IL jurisdiction requests for resources e.g. debris removal equipment, pumps, sandbags, poly-sheet, etc; should normally be made to the applicable municipality or Township Official or the Henry County Engineer using established procedures.  If during a local disaster, requests are not able to be filled within the Henry County Engineer’s available resources, a “Request for Resources” – (RFR Attached), should be coordinated with the HC EMA and the EMA will forward the request to the Region 2 IEMA Office in Dixon, IL.  The IEMA Office in Dixon, IL will determine if the request for resources can be filled within Region 2 and if not,  they will forward the RFR to the IEMA Response Center in Springfield, IL to fill from State or Federal sources.

  2. Help Links.  Helpful instructions and forms for reporting damage may be found at :


Mat Schnepple, IPEM, EMT-P

Director of Emergency Management 

Phone:  309-883-1287
Fax:   309-278-1993

307 West Center Street
Cambridge, IL 61238