Games of Chance
Who should file for Games of Chance/License for a Raffle?
Only bona-fide religious, charitable, labor, fraternal, educational, or veteran’s organizations that operate without profit to their members and which have been in existence continuously for a period of five years immediately before making application for a license and which have had during that entire five-year period a bona-fide membership engaged in carrying out their objects (Ordinance passed 01/13/1980)
Proof of the organization should be presented at the time of application
Licenses shall be issued to qualified applicants upon the fulfillment of the following:
- A fee in the amount of $10.00
- The applicant must be 18 years of age
- The aggregate retail value of all prizes in a single raffle shall be limited to $250,000.00
- The maximum retail value of each prize awarded in a single raffle shall be limited to $250,000.00
- The maximum price which may be charged for each raffle chance issued or sold shall be limited to $25.00
- The maximum number of days during which chances may be issued or sold shall be limited to 90 days
- Licenses shall be valid for one raffle any may be suspended or revoked for any violation of this chapter (113.02)
Where to obtain a License for a Raffle?
In the County Clerk’s office between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Click the link to download a PDF of the Raffle License Application