Click here for information about Illinois Executive order 2021-20
About COVID-19 and the Henry County Courts
WELCOME TO THE OFFICE OF THE
CLERK OF THE CIRCUIT COURT
FOURTEENTH JUDICIAL CIRCUIT
Terilyn A. Motley, CIRCUIT CLERK
It is the mission of the Circuit Clerk’s Office to serve the citizens of Henry County and the participants of the judiciary system in a timely manner with courtesy, efficiency and impartiality.
The Clerk of the Circuit Court of Henry County:
· Is a state constitutional officer elected by the citizens of Henry County for a four-year term.
· Is a non-judicial office of the Judicial Branch of Illinois State government.
The Office of the Circuit Clerk:
· Is responsible for filing all cases and maintaining the official record of all matters that come before the Henry County court system.
· The Circuit Clerk is to attend all sessions of Court and is the keeper of the Seal of Court.
· Interacts with the public and attorneys performing several functions including the collection and disbursement of traffic and criminal fines, fees, costs, assessments, penalties, and civil filing fees.
· Is responsible for the long-term recording of child support payments collected and disbursed through the State Disbursement Unit.
· It is also the duty of the office to summon prospective jurors for petit jury, grand jury and coroner jury duty.
To eFILE Civil Cases go to: http://efile.illinoiscourts.gov/
The Office of the Circuit Clerk cannot give legal advice.