Recording fees include a $19.92 recording fee, an $11.08 automation fee, a $3 document storage fee, a $24 charge for Geographic Information System (GIS) fund fee, and a $19 Rental Housing Support Program Act (RHSP) fee unless exempt.
All documents must be originals or certified copies for recording.
- Standard Documents(55 ILCS 5/3-5018) - $77
- All documents must be 8 1/2 x 11, have a 3x5 blank space in the upper right-hand corner, have a half-inch blank margin, in black ink on white paper, no attachments, and generated in at least 10 point type.
- Pages may not be permanently bound by tape, glued, or have anything affixed to them. Pages may, however, be stapled.
- Documents must have a prepared by, return to, and mail tax bill to and all documents need to have a self-addressed stamped envelope for returning the document.
- The document shall be on white paper not less than 20-pound weight and be legibly printed with black ink by hand or typed.
- Up to 5 pin numbers and/or up to 5 legal descriptions
- Exemption stamp, PTAX, or MyDec form required for all deeds.
- A notary must be signed with a notary seal.
- Exempt Standard Documents(55 ILCS 5/3-5018) - $58
- Notices of Probate, Power of Attorneys, Birth, Marriage, and Death Certificates, Wills, Affidavits, Articles of Incorporation, Judgements, Release of Judgements and related documents, Re-recordings, and any document recorded for a state agency, local or federal government or school district.
- All Municipalities, County, and Secretary of State documents are exempt from the RHSP surcharge.
- Non-Conforming Documents (55 ILCS 5/3-5018) - $100
- Documents containing 6 or more pin numbers or 6 or more legal descriptions
- When referring to a document number without a legal description for Releases, Extensions, Modifications, and Assignments etc.
- Any document failing to meet the requirements listed under "Standard Documents".
- Plats(765 ILCS 205/2) - $106
- Plats must be at least 8 1/2 by 14 inches
- Restrictions and covenants must be filed separately from the plat.
- A minimum of 3 copies are required, and 1 will be returned.
- Letter from the surveying company giving the Recorder's Office permission to record is required with all plats.
- All signatures are required before recording can take place.
- Surveys- $77
- Must have whom the survey was prepared by shown on the document
- A legal description with metes and bounds must accompany the survey if not already attached.
- UCC Fixture Filings, Terminations, Continuations, and Amendments- $54
- When filing on Real Estate, "to be filed in real estate records" must be stated and a legal description must be on the UCC.
- A legal description must be on all filings.
State & Federal Liens & Releases
Please see the Recorder for fees.
- $1 per page for copies
- Faxes are $5 for the first page of the fax and $1 for each additional page (excluding the fax cover sheet)
- Emails are $10
- Certified copies are the same cost as the recording fee, less the $10 RHSP fee if it was applicable