Child Support

The Henry County Circuit Clerk does not process payments. All payments are sent to the State Disbursement Unit (SDU). The Circuit Clerk will post all payments made to your child support history record.

If you have any questions regarding your child support payments please call the number below.

State Disbursement Unit (SDU)

State Disbursement Unit Contact Information

  • Toll Free Phone: 877-225-7077
  • Fax: 630-221-2312
  • SDU Website


  • Illinois State Disbursement Unit
    P.O. Box 5400
    Carol Stream, Illinois 60197-5400

SDU Requirements List to Locate Case

  • Names of custodial and non-custodial parents
  • Case Number
  • Your Social Security Number
  • Henry County FIPS Number 1707300

Electronic Fund Transfer

We do not process electronic fund transfers or direct deposits through the Circuit Clerk's office. If you want this service, your child support payment will need to go through the State Disbursement Unit in Carol Stream, IL and they can automatically transfer the funds. You can obtain the forms online.

Illinois Department of Healthcare and Family Services (IDHFS)

(Formerly Illinois Department of Public Aid)

If you are receiving or have received any assistance from IDHFS, the following may be helpful:

  1. If you need to petition the court to modify your order, you will need to come into our office and fill out a petition. The original petition will be filed in the court file and a copy will be sent to the Assistant Attorney General's office. That office will set it for hearing and send notices of date and time.
  2. Sometimes IDHFS is not involved at the time child support is determined. Later, the custodial parent begins receiving services from IDHFS. At this time, IDHFS will notify each party, including the Circuit Clerk's office, that they are intervening in the case. You will receive this notice in the mail.

IDHFS Contact Number

Toll Free Phone: 800-447-4278

Change in Status

Please notify the Circuit Clerk's office and / or the State Disbursement Unit immediately of any changes you may have. If you need to change your address and/or name regarding your case, the change in status form, located at the Circuit Clerk's office, should be filled out and mailed or delivered to our office. If your check goes through the SDU, we will notify them, or you can call them directly or go on line to notify them of any changes. This is very important because if we do not receive an address change, your check could be delayed.